Friday, November 20, 2009

Gift ideas to spare (and share).


It is absolutely true that giving great gifts can be even more fun than receiving them. When you are thinking about giving a present to someone, there's first (hopefully) that "aha" moment when the idea starts to emerge...followed by the adrenaline that goes into making your idea a reality...building up to the anticipation of the final presentation. Without a doubt, it's a thrill.

Not for you? Well, let's see if we can change that.

My goal with this little blog is to give people ideas, examples, links, tools and motivation to help them buy or create gifts that (a) they will be excited about giving and (b) people will be happy to get.

I also figure I can use this site to collect and share some advice, opinions and war stories from my friends who have been giving and getting gifts (good and bad) for a long time.

Bottom line: if I can rescue one person from getting a lame gift, my work will not have been in vain.

Before I committed to starting this site, I challenged myself to write down enough easy gift ideas to post one every two or three days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. After I cranked out a list of 80 memorable presents, I figured we had enough to get things going.

So let's go.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment